Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Another cycle
Well, it's cycle day 2 and of course the endometriosis pain is horrible and practically unbearable . I can deal with it though. I have to keep telling myself that it will only last a few days and I can make it . The only medication that I take is ibuprofen , at the beginning of January whe I found out I was pregnant I stopped every medication and after the miscarriage I never started it again. I shrugged it off when the OB kept remarking on how strong I was and how he was in awe at the things I have Been through and the courage I showed. I never believed it because inside I felt as weak as a wet paper towel ( and not bounty either LOL) . But as time goes by I've though about his comments and that other people have said the same thing, and I've began to realize I AM.. So when I feel as if the atrocities of my day are too much to handle and I want to reach for pharmaceuticals to help, I repeat to myself that I am strong, and tough and I can handle this . Whether it be the horrible vise-like grip of endometriosis,, the gut wrenching spasms of Crohn's disease, the horrible diarrhea that keeps me feet away from a toilet , the I'm gonna surely die anxiety and panic attacks, or the I can't even breathe without wincing in pain fibromyalgia, or the numerous spine conditions--- I take a small amount of OTC medication to help and the tell myself --you got this-- it won't last forever -- you gotta kick in to beast mode and beat this -- and a you know what ??? It really works .. Most of my cycles I need Vicodin and soma to survive the first 4 days, but since the miscarriage this is cycle number 4 and I never took one prescription pain med or muscle relaxer.. Heating pad , lots of water, some hot tea just to soothe me and 2-3 ibuprofen and a good movie or novel and I make it through !!! So yeah I may sound conceited but I am strong !!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment